This post may contain affiliate links.
One of the first recipes that I ever posted on A Few Shortcuts was this Cherry Dump Cake. So how long ago was that you ask? Ummm back in 2009. Almost 9 years ago. That is insane! Well, it was time for this post to get a facelift. Things have changed in 9 years. Like my photography skills.
One thing that hasn’t changed is how good this recipe is! It is one of my favorite go-to desserts anytime we need to take something to a potluck, or we are having company over. In fact, I may keep what I need to make this in my pantry at all times for when a sweet tooth hits.
It is so easy to throw together and you can get creative and use a different flavor of pie filling, or sprinkle nuts or coconut on the top before you bake it. You can sit down and eat it by itself, or even more sinful is warmed up and served with a little vanilla ice cream.
Another bonus is you can make this dessert gluten free by just using a gluten free cake mix instead of a regular one. It doesn’t get much easier.
Cherry Dump Cake
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling - you could really use any kind you like
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 Tbsp Butter - or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Dump…yes, I said dump Cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into 13×9 baking dish.
- Mix around a little with a spatula.
- In a seperate bowl, crumble together butter and cakes mix until it gets crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the Cherry mix.
- Place in oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.