Cake, strawberries, and coffee are a few of my favorite things. When you can bring them all together to one location…I AM THERE! This Strawberry Coffee Cake is one of my favorite, breakfast/desserts. The cake has just enough crumble, but the sweet strawberry filling adds just the right fruitiness. It basically melts in your mouth!
Strawberry Coffee CakePrint Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 tsps. Water
- 3 Tbsps. butter cold, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Combine Strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, water, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick, and strawberries are soft and broken down. Set aside to cool.Crumble Topping
- Combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until crumbly. Set Aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour (or use Baking spray with flour) a square pan that is at least 8x8. You could use 9x9 or 10X10.
- Cream together the Butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter in 3 parts alternating with the sour cream in 2 parts. You will want to start and end with the flour. Beat just until combined.
- You will spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the cooled Strawberry mixture on the batter. It is easier to drop it by spoon.
- Spoon the remaining batter onto the strawberries and spread evenly. Top with the streusel topping, and bake in the upper third of the oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean!
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Grease and flour (or use Baking spray with flour) a square pan that is at least 8×8. You could use 9×9 or 10X10.
Sift together dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter in 3 parts alternating with the sour cream in 2 parts. You will want to start and end with the flour. Beat just until combined.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean!
Substitute Gluten Free Bisquick for Flour in this recipe. It will turn out great and gluten free!
I haven’t tried this yet, but I bet if you added some sweetened cream cheese in with the strawberries it would be knock you over delicious!