When I was newly married I fell in LOVE with the Food Network. I watched it all the time! I remember when Paula Deen first started, she was like my new hero! She has some of the best recipes. One of my favorites is for her Gooey Butter Cakes! I think I love it so much because you can adapt the recipe to almost any flavor! I have made the Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes and I don't think that they lasted very long in my house! You can find the base Gooey Butter Cake Recipe on the Food Network Website, or just from a web search, but these Strawberries & Cream Gooey Butter Cakes are simply perfection!
Being a Florida girl, I love strawberries. It is Strawberry season in Central Florida, and I am finding Strawberries everywhere. These strawberries and cream gooey butter cakes are one of my favorite Gooey Butter Cakes that I adapted from Paula's Recipe! I hope you guys enjoy them as much as we do!
Strawberries and Cream Gooey Butter Cakes
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish
- In a bowl mix cake mix, eggs, and melted butter until dough forms.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of the 13x9 pan; set aside.
- Use your mixer and beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla. (6) Dump in confectioners’ sugar and beat well.
- Reduce speed and slowly pour in butter.
- Pour the finished filling onto the cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. Make 20 to 24 bars
More Strawberry Recipes
- The Easiest Gluten Free Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Gooey Strawberry Magic Bars Recipe
- Simple Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip Recipe