Looking for a simple, keto friendly side dish? This Sour Cream Cucumbers Recipe is easy to make and yet so full of flavor!
Food is a huge memory trigger for me. I have no idea what I did before noon yesterday, but when I was 7, and my grandma pulled a pan of warm molasses cookies out of the oven; that I remember. I also remember that there was not a single holiday that went by when I was growing up without a bowl of these Sour Cream Cucumbers on the table. The fact that I had to fight to get some before they were gone is also a memory that stuck with me, so much so that I make extras when I make them.
This dish is simple, and indeed to look at the recipe, you wouldn't think it was anything special. Looks can be deceiving. These little creamy, crunchy bites of goodness are one of my favorite things. The tangy sour cream dressing plays up the fresh, crisp cucumbers in a way that is just out of this world.
Sour Cream Cucumbers
- 2 cucumbers; peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel and slice cucumber and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Pour over the cucumbers and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Use a dairy-free sour cream like Tofutti brand for similar results.