It’s the beginning of a new year and all of those resolutions have begun. I am not even going to tell you that one of my resolutions is to eat better because then I won’t stick to it. However, I am vowing to make more time for myself, and that includes waking up early in the mornings to work out. I am not a morning person….at all….so that is HUGE!
I started out looking for a healthy treat to make for this evening, and like all good intentions my day got ahead of me and before I knew it it was 5 PM. ~sigh~ I needed a quick dessert from what I had on hand. Let’s be honest. We all need more recipes like that. Tried and true recipes that are quick, easy, and taste like you spent entirely too long in the kitchen. This Blackberry Cobbler does all of that, and you can make it from ingredients in your freezer and pantry in just minutes! If you aren’t a big blackberry fan, you can make this with strawberries, blueberries and more. In the end….as long as you can eat just one helping, it is actually pretty healthy too! Shh…..I won’t tell anyone! 😉
- 4 cups blackberries (fresh/ rinsed clean (Or defrosted frozen berries))
- 1/2 cup sugar (Plus or minus depending how sweet the berries are)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarchCobbler Topping
- 1 Cup Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir all of the Berry filling ingredients together and place in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Allow it to sit while you mix the cobbler topping.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the cobbler topping in a medium bowl. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over the top of the berries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the berry mixture is bubbly and the topping is nicely browned.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.