Kick your hummus up a knotch with this Flavorful Greek Hummus Recipe. It is loaded with toppings and with dissapear in no time.
My girls love to snack and their newest favorite dip is Hummus! Aldi sells some amazing pre-packaged hummus in several flavors. The Roasted Red Pepper is amazing! We decided to try dressing up our own dip with this Flavorful Greek Hummus. It is topped with a ton of great greek flavors and makes the hummus disappear even faster than usual! You have to give it a try!
What Makes this Greek?
Ahhh, there are typical flavors that scream greek food to me. The ingredients added to this hummus that really pack a flavor punch are
- Kalamata Olives
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onion
You can even add a little oregano for added pizzaz.
What Kind of Hummus?
I recommend a flavor of hummus that will compliment the greek toppings. Personally I would stick with original or garlic flavored hummus. You can even make homemade hummus with the simple recipe linked below.
How to Make Homemade Hummus
Homemade Hummus is super simple to make and it does taste a little different than store bought. In fact, while both are good, we prefer homemade hummus. Check out this super simple Homemade Hummus Recipe! You can use a standard blender or food processor.
What to Serve with Greek Hummus?
This dip is amazing and is so tasty when served with
- warm soft pita bread
- crunchy pita chips
- crunchy veggies
- gluten free crackers
- pretzels or pretzel slims
- fresh baked bread (LIKE THIS FRENCH BREAD!)
No matter what you choose to dip it with, it will vanish in no time! This makes a perfect appetizer to serve before this Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Greek Hummus Recipe
- 10 oz hummus original (prepared)
- 1 cucumber large, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
- Olive oil optional
- Fresh black pepper optional
- Spread hummus evenly on a large rimmed plate or pie plate.
- Create layers with the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, and/or vegetable dippers.