A perfect fall snack or breakfast! This simple Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe is perfect with a hot cup of coffee!
One of my favorite flavors of all time: PUMPKIN! I don’t know that I have ever turned down a recipe with pumpkin in it. That is one of the most exciting things about fall to me. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
I have passed my love of pumpkin on to my children, even the picky one. They, too, love everything pumpkin, so I really don’t get too many strange looks when I crank the oven on September 1st and make these Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars. I have waited for fall long enough people! ~giggle~
These are going to make the best breakfasts for before school, and I am going to pack them for snacks too. I love that they are super healthy and no one even notices because they are so delicious!
To make these bars you need… (there are also allergy friendly substitutions below)
Gather all of the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with foil.
In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, egg, and milk until well combined. Mix in cinnamon chips or raisins if desired.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 -25 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Cool completely and cut into squares.
You can make these bars gluten-free, dairy-free, even egg-free. Here are the substitutes. Yes, you can substitute more than one allergen change if needed.
To make these gluten free use a certified gluten free oat, and a gluten free flour mix.
Simply substitute your favorite dairy free milk. I love to use coconut milk or oat milk in baking.
This recipe only calls for 1 egg. You can use your favorite egg replacer or use 1 tsp of baking powder and 2 tbsp of milk in place of the egg.
We have made these with raisins stirred in before and it is delicious, but our new favorite is mixing in these homemade cinnamon chips! OMG! It doesn’t get much better!
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, egg, and milk until well combined. Mix in cinnamon chips or raisins if desired.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 -25 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Use gluten free oats and gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Use a dairy free milk: Almond, Soy, Coconut etc.