This post may contain affiliate links.
Cinco de Mayo is this week, and I thought it was an appropriate time to share my homemade salsa recipe. This is a favorite at our house, especially in the Summer time when tomatoes are plentiful. It only takes minutes to make! This can even be made ahead and canned.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes - diced or one 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper - seeds and veins removed, and minced
- One 4-ounce can chopped green chiles with juice
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl. Stir well with a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free
- Tweak the recipe and make mango or peach salsa
- Double or triple the recipe for parties.
You should try making your own guacamole too! SO GOOD!