Cinco de Mayo is this week, and I thought it was an appropriate time to share my homemade salsa recipe. This is a favorite at our house, especially in the Summer time when tomatoes are plentiful. It only takes minutes to make! This can even be made ahead and canned.
Simple Homemade SalsaPrint Recipe
- 3 large ripe tomatoes diced or one 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper seeds and veins removed, and minced
- One 4-ounce can chopped green chiles with juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl. Stir well with a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free
- Tweak the recipe and make mango or peach salsa
- Double or triple the recipe for parties.
You should try making your own guacamole too! SO GOOD!