Only four ingredients in this super light and delicious icing! Try this Marshmallow Fluff Frosting Recipe the next time you make cupcakes!
A good frosting is so important for cupcakes and more. I am always looking for delicious was to top my treats. Especially recipes that give me a little shortcut to something tasty. This Marshmallow Fluff Frosting has only 3 ingredients and is light, fluffy, and has the perfect amount of sweetness.
How to Make Marshmallow Fluff Frosting?
The key to this recipe is a tub of light and fluffy marshmallow creme. I actually got this on clearance at Aldi for $0.20! How crazy is that?
There are only 4 ingredients to this frosting
- Marshmallow Creme
- Butter (or dairy free butter substitute)
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract (or whatever flavor you choose)
In your mixer beat together the marshmallow creme and butter. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat for a few more minutes until smooth. That’s it!
Tips & Tricks
Can I make this Dairy Free?
Yes, Just use a dairy free butter substitute. It is super simple and just as delicious.
How to store this frosting?
This frosting is very stable as long as it is kept cool. You can store it in the fridge or pipe it on cupcakes and store them in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.
If your frosting is runny just add in a little more powdered sugar to stiffen it up.
How many cupcakes will this frost?
This will cover about 12 cupcakes. You may want to make a double batch for a double layered cake.
What to use Marshmallow Fluff Frosting for?
OMG! The possibilities are endless. This frosting is light, and not as heavy as a buttercream. It is perfect to top a cupcake (like these Butterbeer Cupcakes) or fill an Oatmeal Cream Pie. It pipes out so beautifully and holds it’s shape. Did I mention it is delicious too!? YUMMO!
Looking for a starter set of piping tips? I love these piping tips for cupcakes!
Marshmallow Fluff Frosting
- 7-8 oz Marshmallow Creme (or fluff)
- 1/2 cup butter (or butter substitute (softened))
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- IN mixer beat together marshmallow creame and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for at least 2 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes or other desserts
- Store uneaten frosting in fridge until ready to use.
Dairy FreeUse a dairy free butter substitute.
More Frosting Recipes
- Simple Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Unbelievable Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
- The Best Homemade Chocolate Frosting
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.