These tasty Unicorn Frozen Yogurt Bites are a fun way to enjoy the unicorn trend in a healthy way. Snag this magical recipe!
Unicorn anything and everything is trending right now. My inner 7-year-old is giddy over everything rainbow, sparkly, and unicorn. My daughter, Audrey, is loving all of the magical sparkles too and helped me come up with these healthy Unicorn Frozen Yogurt Bites.
We used dairy free yogurt to create these yummy treats, but you can totally use regular yogurt. This recipe is super flexible.
We put about 1 cup of vanilla yogurt into two bowls. Then added a few drops of pink food coloring to one and blue food coloring to the other. We stirred but left a little of the swirl in the yogurt.
Here is the trick to the swirl. Put each color yogurt into their disposable piping bag. You can even use a Ziploc bag for this. Add a tip to a third bag.
Carefully snip the tips off of the two colored piping bags and slip them both inside the third bag with the tip. Placing the piping bags in this way will create the fun swirl effect in the yogurt bites. Both colors will come out of the tip at once when you squeeze.
To create the Unicorn Frozen Yogurt Bites just pipe the yogurt into little discs onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkled with your favorite rainbow sprinkles. Pop the entire pan into the freezer for about an hour.
Once frozen completely, remove from the freezer and take the Unicorn Frozen Yogurt Bites off of the pan. Enjoy them immediately or put in an airtight container and return to the freezer until ready to enjoy!
Unicorn Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 2 Cups Vanilla Yogurt
- 4 drops pink food coloring
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- rainbow sprinklesAlso Needed
- 3 disposable piping bags or Ziplocs
- piping tip
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Get 2 small bowls and place 1 cup of yogurt into each bowl. Mix in pink food coloring into one bowl and blue in the other; stirring just enough to leave a bit of a swirl.
- Prep baking pan by covering it with parchment paper and setting aside.
- Place blue yogurt in a piping bag and the pink in another. Place the piping tip on the third bag. Carefully snip the ends off of both of the colored bags. Line them up side by side and carefully slide them into the third bag. When squeezed this will cause both colors to come out at once creating a swirl.
- Squeeze the yogurt onto the parchment lined baking sheet into discs. Continue until you have used all of the yogurts. Sprinkle the yogurt with rainbow sprinkles and place the pan in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until discs are hard.
- Serve immediately or remove from paper and place in an airtight container and return to freezer until ready to enjoy!
Dairy FreeUse a dairy free vanilla yogurt.
More Frozen Kid Snacks
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.