So as you guys already know….we do food allergies at my house. My son is gluten free and finding foods for him to eat that make him feel “normal” is very important to me. He loves pizza, but I hate making batches of gluten free pizza dough every time I turn around.
I needed an alternative. A quick and easy alternative, that has the possibilities of being frozen and reheated. Hello Gluten Free Pizza Biscuits. These are so simple I really don’t know why I didn’t think of them sooner!
I just made a batch of Gluten Free Biscuits using Gluten Free Bisquick and following the directions on the box. I did add a little garlic salt to give it that pizza crusty taste. Then just fill your cupcake liners 1/2 full with biscuit dough and top with your pizza toppings: sauce, cheese, pepperoni, etc.
These are a perfect appetizer for any get together or while watching football!
Pop them into the oven and out pops these yummy bad boys. Since the recipe makes about 18, you can put the extras in a freezer bag to be reheated for a quick lunch or an after school snack. Just microwave to reheat. You can also put them back in the oven if you prefer.
- Gluten Free Bisquick (prepared following biscuit instructions on box)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza Toppings (pepperoni, olives, peppers, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl mix together the gluten free biscuit dough by following the instructions on the gluten free bisquick package.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and fill each ½ full with the prepared biscuit dough.
- Top each with sauce, cheese and pizza toppings as desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- **Can be frozen and reheated for a quick snack or meal.