Apple Cinnamon Rolls
There is only one way to make cinnamon rolls even better! Add apples! Try this Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. The perfect fall breakfast!
So I found apples on sale at Aldi last week. I may or may not have bought my weight in apples because they were so cheap, fresh, and I LOVE apples this time of year. Now I am facing the consequences of my actions and trying to find some tasty ways to use up my apples instead of just eating them the way they are (which I do…and love!). These Apple Cinnamon Rolls are a perfect way to use a couple of apples, and the flavors are oh so perfect together.
I made a batch of cinnamon rolls dough and rolled it out. I filled them with cinnamon sugar and bits of diced granny smith apples. I rolled them tightly and placed them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. After years of greasing pans, I have learned this is by far the easiest cleanup method. I may or may not have sprinkled a little extra brown sugar in the bottom of the pan to add some sticky to my buns. 😉
I baked them at 375 for 30 minutes until they looked like this. All nice and golden brown.
After they cooled a little, I drizzled them with some cinnamon sugar glaze. Can you say, “Perfection”? They are almost too pretty to eat. Well….Almost.
Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Apple Cinnamon RollsPrint Recipe
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1 cup granny smith apples diced
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 - 2 Tbsp milk
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until warm. Mix in the butter until melted. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl combine 2¼ cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and ¼ cup of water. Mix well. Now stir in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Stir in another cup of flour. When dough comes together flip onto a lightly floured surface and need until smooth.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter. Mix the cinnamon & sugar together and sprinkle liberally all over the dough. Then evenly sprinkle the diced apples over the cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a greased or parchment 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled (30 mins). While waiting preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When cooled drizzle with the glaze.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp milk. Add more milk until glaze is at desired consistency.Dairy Free
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc., and a dairy free margarine.
If you love cinnamon rolls, you are going to love these….
This sounds amazing and thank you for sharing your recipe with us.
This recipe is awesome thanks for sharing i’m a big fan of apple cinnamon
Mmm… it’s difficult to go wrong with apple and cinnamon. These look really tasty! 😀