Dinner, lunch, or a great appetizer for Football season. This French Dip Crescents & Simple Au Jus Recipe is a winner every time!
We all need something quick and easy to throw in the oven and enjoy from time to time. This easy French Dip Crescents Recipe with simple Au Jus is just that! These are crazy easy to throw together on a busy night, or for a quick appetizer. You can assemble them from things that are already in your fridge, and they are delicious! Be prepared to watch them fly off of the plate!
How to Make French Dip Crescents
All you need is a roll of crescent dough, some roast beef from the deli, and a package of provolone cheese. Yep…..that’s it. Open the crescent rolls and place a slice or 2 of roast beef and a piece of cheese on top. I cut my cheese in half since it was a little big.
Then get to rolling. Roll these crescents up and place them seam down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for about 13 minutes or until golden brown. The parchment paper keeps these from sticking and makes cleanup a breeze!
While they are cooking, place a can of beef broth in a small saucepan. Whisk in a dash of pepper and a pinch of garlic. Yep, that exact. LOL, Sorry, that is how I cook most days….a pinch of this, a sprinkle of that. Then whisk in a tsp of cornstarch. Continue to stir over medium-high heat until it boils. Then turn the heat off and allow to cool.
By this time the crescents should be done! Place them on a plate with a small bowl of au jus and enjoy!
My favorite part about these French Dip Crescents is that you can serve them as an appetizer, enjoy them for dinner, or even pack some in lunchboxes. Ther versatility is great! These are still one of my hubby’s favorite game-day snacks!
Mix it up
This same idea can be used for different flavors. Mix it up a bit and do Turkey and Swiss combo, or Ham and cheddar. Try putting your favorite lunch meat with your favorite cheese and rolling them up in a crescent roll. Go crazy and make a tray of different flavors for a party. Everyone will love it!
French Dip Crescents with Simple Au Jus
- 2 pkg crescent rolls 8 count
- 1 pound roast beef deli/ thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese slices or provolone
- 14 oz beef broth
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 sprinkle garlic powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
- On each crescent place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese.
- Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until crescents are a golden color.
- Serve with Au Jus and enjoy!
- Heat all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium high heat whisking well. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Serve with crescents and enjoy.
Originally posted in 2013, Updated in 2019