Looking for an amazing dairy-free, vegan, or paleo whipped cream option? This is it! You have to try this easy Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe. So easy, and tastes better than regular whipped cream.
There are few simple pleasures in the world like some whipped cream with a bowl of berries or a dollop of whipped cream on a fresh homemade latte. This Coconut Whipped Cream adds a healthier twist to that simple decadence that we all love!
Start with a can of coconut milk. Pop it in the fridge overnight. At this point, I just keep a can or 2 in the back of the refrigerator in case of emergency. 😉
When you opened the cooled and settled can, you will see a thick white layer on the top. DON’T SHAKE THE CAN!!! EVER!! or stir it! NO NO NO NO NO!!! We want the thick white layer on the top. Trust me, it is a good thing. It is a happy thing. It is the thing we are going to make this whipped cream out of. So thick white layer = goodness! 🙂
You are going to carefully spoon only the thick white layer into a CHILLED mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add a 1-2 tbsp of powdered sugar or your favorite sweetener to give it a little sweetness. It is also delicious if you can also add a small amount of vanilla; totally optional.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 14 OZ coconut milk (canned; Thai Kitchen is best)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar or other sweetener (+/-)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill your coconut cream or milk in the fridge overnight. Also chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- The next day, remove the can from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
- Place cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth - about 1 minute.
- Use immediately or refrigerate - it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it's chilled. Will keep for up to 1 - 2 weeks!
You will end up with this light creamy whipped topping that is completely dairy-free which makes it perfect for all of those Paleo, 21 Day Fix, low calorie, whatever diet is popular today diets. Or if you are just looking for a more flavorful heathy twist on whipped cream….this is it!
More Vegan Recipes
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer Recipe
- The Best Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.