Alohamora some magical fun with this easy to make Harry Potter Pretzel Wands Recipe. Perfect for a party or movie night!
Harry Potter could be one of the most popular book and movie series of all time. Once you go to Hogwarts it will always be Home, and you will want to visit as much as possible. If you are planning a Harry Potter Party or movie night these Harry Potter Pretzel Wands are a must! Super simple to make and you can “Alohamora” some magical fun.
How to Make Harry Potter Pretzel Wands
These are so easy, and so much fun to get the kids involved with. Obviously you are going to start with pretzel rods. Melt chocolate or candy melts to dip your pretzel in. Then take more melted chocolate and drizzle it over the one end of your pretzel to make it look like your wand handle. While the chocolate is wet sprinkle on some fun sugar sprinkles or star sprinkles to add to the magic!
Allow your Pretzel wand to cool and enjoy! These should be stored in an air tight container, but keep in mind the fridge may make them soggy, so just store them on the counter or in the pantry until you are ready to conjure up a snack.
Dairy Free Pretzel Wands
A little magic will make these wands dairy free! Just use a great dairy free chocolate like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. For the white chocolate I recommend these King David Vanilla Candy Melts. We have had really great luck using both. When melting just stir in about a tablespoon full of coconut oil. It helps them both melt much more smoothly and gives your Pretzel Wand a great finish.
Harry Potter Party Ideas
These pretzel wands are great for a Harry Potter Party or Harry Potter Movie night! There are a ton of great Harry Potter themed ideas here on AFewShortcuts.com. We may be Harry Potter nerds. A few of my favorites are
- How to Make DIY Harry Potter Floating Candles
- Easy To Make Butterbeer Latte Recipe
- Free Harry Potter printable bookmarks
There are a ton of ideas you shouldn’t miss!
Harry Potter Pretzel Wands
- 12 Pretzel rods
- White candy melts or vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Black candy melts
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Star sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- If dipping with additional colored candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, transfer candy melts to a zip-top freezer bag or disposable piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
More Harry Potter Fun
- How to Make a Washcloth Owl: Fun Harry Potter Craft
- How to Make Pumpkin Pasties from Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Inspired Chocolate Frog Cupcakes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.