Learn How to make Pumpkin Pasties from Harry Potter in just a few minutes with this simple recipe! They are absolutely amazing!
“Anything from the trolly, dears?” From the first episode of Harry Potter we were introduced to Pumpkin Pasties, and they remain one of the iconic treats of the books and movies. The question is, How to make Pumpkin Pasties from Harry Potter? They are easier than you think!
We pulled out some basics to get started. I have never been good at making my pie crust, so I just bought some pre-packaged, and it works PERFECTLY!
The Pumpkin Pasty filling is some pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and one egg. These are just a fancy little Pumpkin Hand Pie.
I unrolled the pie crust on my cutting board and used a small glass bowl as a template. It is 5 inches across. The perfect size for a pumpkin pasty. I was able to get three pumpkin pasties from each pie crust round.
Place about 2 – 3 tbsp of pumpkin filling into the pie crust round. Try not to overfill it or it, will prevent it from staying sealed later.
Fold it over and pinch your crust. Use a fork to seal it shut.
This could be my favorite part. We need to vent these pies. Use a sharp paring knife and cut a lightning bolt into the top. Just three small zig-zag cuts. That is it! Now place your Pumpkin Pasties on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush them with egg wash and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
I can’t tell you just how tickled my family was with these Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties.
These are best cooled, but we just couldn’t wait. See, we just had our first pumpkin pasty not that long ago at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and enjoyed eating our treat on the steps of Gringotts. I mean, it doesn’t get much more perfect than that, but these homemade pumpkin pasties take us back to that memory. Dare I say, they even taste better than the one we bought at the Sweet Shop.
Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties
- 1 Package Refrigerated Pie Dough
- 1 14 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie dough circle and cut three 5 inch circles of dough out of each.
- In a medium bowl beat together pumpkin puree, sugar, 1 egg, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of pumpkin mix into the center of the small dough circles.
- Fold over the dough circles and pinch them shut to seal. Use a fork to help you if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife cut a small lightning bolt into the top of each pumpkin pasty for venting. Just 3 small slits in a zig-zag pattern.
- In a small bowl beat the second egg. Brush the tops of each pumpkin pasty with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pumpkin pasties for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.
Love Harry Potter?
Check out all of the Harry Potter related posts here on A Few Shortcuts!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.