The best oatmeal cream pies do not come out of a box and wrapper. You have to try this Homemade Gluten Free Oatmeal Cream Pies Recipe! YUM!
Oh yes! I did it! It is cold and snowy here and the perfect kind of stay at home day to bake. So bake we did. We made these delicious Gluten Free Oatmeal Cream Pies because we could. They are decadent and gooey, and I am sure very fattening. ~giggle~ But they put Little Debbie to shame.
Plus, last time I checked Little Debbie didn’t make a gluten free Oatmeal Cream Pie, but this mama did! As an added bonus, they tasted awesome too! My son even looked at me and said, “Can I eat this? Are these gluten-free?” YEP! Every last gooey chewy tasty morsel!
While you can go to the grocery store and grab a box of oatmeal cream pies, nothing beats a homemade fresh one. Pull out the ingredients, and make a mess in the kitchen with your kids. Not only will you have fun, but you get a tasty treat when you are all done.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 1 Cup Butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/2 Cup granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1 3/4 Cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 14 oz Marshmallow Cream
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat together butter or margarine & sugars until creamy
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Now add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough forms.
- Stir in the oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart (these will spread)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until their edges are lightly browned. Let stand on baking sheet until set and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling on underside of one cookie and top with another.
- Use a dairy free margarine for the cookies.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.