A fun and delicious way to try zucchini! This Cheesy Zucchini Cakes Recipe is a keeper! Makes a great appetizer or entree!
Zucchini and I have a strange relationship. I don't really care for it, but it keeps popping back in my kitchen time and time again. It just can't take no for an answer. LOL. I thought I would give it another shot. Up to this point the only thing zucchini that I could stomach was zucchini fries. Let's just say when I made my march into the kitchen today and starred these bad boys down, I didn't have high hopes. But these Cheesy Zucchini Cakes are a WINNER!
I finished the recipe and snagged a fork out of the drawer, took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and took a bite. A smile welled up from ear to ear. These things are flipping amazing. The kind of amazing that would make you go back to a restaurant and order them time and time again. FINALLY! I can say, "I like zucchini!" OK, I won't say it too loud.....I have only found one way I like it, but hey these are delicious.
I carried them to my hubby and let him try. He fell in love with them! He even had me make a second batch for with dinner. It was a unanimous hit! You seriously have to try these!
Cheesy Zucchini Cakes
Cheesy Zucchini Cakes
- 1 Large Zucchini Grated
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs I used crushed rice chex
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- Grate zucchini and remove excess liquid from it by placing the zucchini between paper towels and squeezing. You may have to do this more than once.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Shape spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into small patties. No bigger that 2 inches in diameter. Drop them into the hot pan cooking until brown on each side (about 2 minutes each side).
- Serve hot with ranch dressingGluten Free
- Use crushed Rice Chex for bread crumbs.
These are so easy to make you won't believe it!
I grated 1 large zucchini. It is a lot, trust me. Place it in paper towels and squeeze the fool out of it. A ton of liquid will come out!
In a large bowl, throw everyone in the pool! Zucchini, egg, bread crumbs, chili powder , and cheese.
Once everyone is in and mixed it will look like this.
Shape the zucchini stuff into small patties and drop in a hot skillet with about 2 tbsp of oil. Just enough to crisp them up. It only take a couple minutes on each side. Sprinkle them with a little salt when they are done.
Serve hot with a bit of ranch, sit back, and enjoy!