A fun and delicious way to try zucchini! This Cheesy Zucchini Cakes Recipe is a keeper! Makes a great appetizer or entree!
Zucchini and I have a strange relationship. I don't really care for it, but it keeps popping back in my kitchen time and time again. It just can't take no for an answer. LOL. I thought I would give it another shot. Up to this point the only thing zucchini that I could stomach was zucchini fries. Let's just say when I made my march into the kitchen today and starred these bad boys down, I didn't have high hopes. But these Cheesy Zucchini Cakes are a WINNER!
I finished the recipe and snagged a fork out of the drawer, took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and took a bite. A smile welled up from ear to ear. These things are flipping amazing. The kind of amazing that would make you go back to a restaurant and order them time and time again. FINALLY! I can say, "I like zucchini!" OK, I won't say it too loud.....I have only found one way I like it, but hey these are delicious.
I carried them to my hubby and let him try. He fell in love with them! He even had me make a second batch for with dinner. It was a unanimous hit! You seriously have to try these!
Cheesy Zucchini Cakes
- 1 Large Zucchini (Grated)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used crushed rice chex)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- Grate zucchini and remove excess liquid from it by placing the zucchini between paper towels and squeezing. You may have to do this more than once.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Shape spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into small patties. No bigger that 2 inches in diameter. Drop them into the hot pan cooking until brown on each side (about 2 minutes each side).
- Serve hot with ranch dressingGluten Free
- Use crushed Rice Chex for bread crumbs.
These are so easy to make you won't believe it!
I grated 1 large zucchini. It is a lot, trust me. Place it in paper towels and squeeze the fool out of it. A ton of liquid will come out!
In a large bowl, throw everyone in the pool! Zucchini, egg, bread crumbs, chili powder , and cheese.
Once everyone is in and mixed it will look like this.
Shape the zucchini stuff into small patties and drop in a hot skillet with about 2 tbsp of oil. Just enough to crisp them up. It only take a couple minutes on each side. Sprinkle them with a little salt when they are done.
Serve hot with a bit of ranch, sit back, and enjoy!
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.