Turn snack time into something wild with these adorable Lion Graham Cracker Snacks. So easy to make and fun to eat too!
Who said you shouldn't play with your food? Kids love to play in the kitchen, and being creative with snacks is a fun way to help them get involved with creating healthy treats! When you start looking at food like little pieces of art you can come up with so many fun things to eat; like these Lion Graham Cracker Snacks!
It all starts with just some simple graham crackers and peanut butter (or your favorite butter; almond, sun, etc.). You have a pallet for fun! Just by adding some cut up fruit & veggies and a couple small pieces of licorice we can transform this into an adorable lion!
Themed Snack Idea
There are times that a perfectly timed Lion Graham Cracker Snack comes in handy! Ok, so when is that you ask...check out these fun ideas
- When watching the Lion King!
- After a trip to the zoo.
- When reading about a lion.
- Learning about the letter "L".
- Reading the story of Daniel In the Lions Den in Sunday school.
- A Zoo themed Party!
Get Creative with Graham Crackers
Don't stop at lions! Encourage your child to pick healthy ingredients and get creative with graham crackers, rice cakes, other healthy snack ideas in the kitchen! Create themed snacks to help your child make healthy choices when it comes time to snack! It's a fun way to get your child to eat things they might not typically try!
Lion Graham Cracker Snacks
- Graham crackers 1 for each lion, cut in half
- Matchstick carrots about ¼ cup for each lion
- Blueberries 2 for each lion
- Strawberries ½ for each lion
- Black or chocolate licorice strings 1 for each lion, cut in pieces
- Any nut butter about 1 tablespoon for each lion
- Spread nut butter over graham cracker half and top with other cracker half.
- Place two blueberries for the lion’s eyes and ½ strawberry (stem removefor the lion’s nose. Arrange licorice pieces as whiskers.
- Around the graham cracker, line the matchstick carrots to resemble a lion’s mane.