St Patrick’s Day is this weekend and we wanted to make something GREEN and yummy! The kids jumped in the kitchen and gave me a hand. So, I asked them what they wanted to make.
The Answer: BROWNIES!
Hmmm….Green and brownies are a hard combo to achieve, unless you do what we did and turn them into their own little cupcake. Perfect personal brownie bites. We used our homemade brownie mix, and then we stirred in some mint chocolate chips and flavored the icing with a bit of peppermint extract. You can leave the icing unflavored if you prefer. The verdict…
I am pretty sure that they love them!
Mint Chip Brownie BitesPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare brownies according to package mix. Stir the Mint chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill each cup 1/2 to 2/3 of the way full with brownie batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool completely.
- Mix 1 tub or 2 cups of frosting with a few drops of green food coloring and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- Frost the Brownies like cupcakes and serve.Gluten Free
- This recipe can be made with gluten free brownie mix.