Pumpkin Pecan Bars
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Turkey will take over my kitchen in 5 days. Along with the turkey takeover will be sweet potatoes, cranberries, fresh baked bread rolls and so much more. But the holy grail of thanksgiving at my house is the pie: Pumpkin or Pecan. Now I am a pumpkin girl all the way, but my hubby is a pecan kinda guy. I hate to make two pies considering it is just us, so someone always seems left out. Since I am the baker…it isn’t me. 🙂
This weeks recipe came from my need to please everyone this Thanksgiving: Pumpkin lovers & pecan lovers. These Pumpkin Pecan Bars are moist and chewy with the flavors of pumpkin and pecan married together in harmony. An added bonus is these can be adapted easily to be gluten free and/or dairy free. Try them this week, I am sure everyone will love them!
Pumpkin Pecan BarsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter room temperatureFiling
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 16 ounce can
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients and beat until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside about 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture and press remaining mixture into a lightly buttered 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, Prepare filling.
- Beat filling ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Spread filling over the crust; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer. Cool and cut into bars.