For those of you who follow A Few Short Cuts on Instagram you have seen that I have been working my little tushie off. I hope quite literally. My sister is getting married in October and yours truly needs to fit into a cute little dress by then. I have a little problem. I love food! Big fat hamburgers, french fries, cupcakes…..I could go on, but it is just making me hungry.
For the last 2 weeks straight I have been good (except for that one slice of pizza the other night but I am not counting it) . I have been eating more fruits and veggies, lean meat, and not so many treats. I have been working out too! I feel great, and I know it is good for me, but…..I’M SO HUNGRY! ~giggle~
Dessert tonight is kinda my happy medium right now. These Rhubarb Cobbler Parfaits bring in a great seasonal veggie in a delicious way. I feel a little less guilty about indulging in a small bowlful with some whipped cream. And it is so amazingly tasty it will knock you off your feet.
- 6-7 cups rhubarb (fresh/ diced)
- 3 oz Strawberry Jello (small box)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine, melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place diced rhubarb in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle Jello, sugar, and water on top of rhubarb.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cake mix and melted butter. Once loosely combined, crumble on top of rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until top browns.
- Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream. For a fun presentation, spoon mixture in small dessert glasses and top with whipped cream or ice cream. Makes for a tasty seasonal treat!
- You can replace the cake mix with a gluten free cake mix. Keep in mind that they are typically half the size of a regular cake mix, so it may take 2.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.