For those of you who follow A Few Short Cuts on Instagram you have seen that I have been working my little tushie off. I hope quite literally. My sister is getting married in October and yours truly needs to fit into a cute little dress by then. I have a little problem. I love food! Big fat hamburgers, french fries, cupcakes.....I could go on, but it is just making me hungry.
For the last 2 weeks straight I have been good (except for that one slice of pizza the other night but I am not counting it) . I have been eating more fruits and veggies, lean meat, and not so many treats. I have been working out too! I feel great, and I know it is good for me, but.....I'M SO HUNGRY! ~giggle~
Dessert tonight is kinda my happy medium right now. These Rhubarb Cobbler Parfaits bring in a great seasonal veggie in a delicious way. I feel a little less guilty about indulging in a small bowlful with some whipped cream. And it is so amazingly tasty it will knock you off your feet.
- 6-7 cups rhubarb (fresh/ diced)
- 3 oz Strawberry Jello (small box)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine, melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place diced rhubarb in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle Jello, sugar, and water on top of rhubarb.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cake mix and melted butter. Once loosely combined, crumble on top of rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until top browns.
- Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream. For a fun presentation, spoon mixture in small dessert glasses and top with whipped cream or ice cream. Makes for a tasty seasonal treat!
- You can replace the cake mix with a gluten free cake mix. Keep in mind that they are typically half the size of a regular cake mix, so it may take 2.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.