Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies
My hubby got up before I did the other morning and brought me a Salted Caramel Mocha from starbucks. He knows me so well. That is my cryptonite this time of year. They stop me dead in my tracks! You get me one of those bad boys and by the time I am done sipping that chocolatey, sweet-salty, coffee goodness, I feel like I can take over the world. There are other great holiday flavors, but the amazing blend of chocolate, caramel, and a little bit of salt call to my tastebuds everytime!
I decided to harness the flavors that I love in these amazing Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies! These turned beyond what I could have imagined! They are the perfect marriage of flavors, and super easy to make!
I mixed the dough up in my mixer. Only took me about 5 minutes.
My secret weapons this time are these 2 ingredients. Caramel Bits just make my life happy! This is the only time of the year that I can find them easily, so I stock up. This Coffee Extract is a new ingredient in my cabinet, but I thought I would give it a whirl. I added just 1 tsp to the cookies. It added a hint of coffee flavor, but not too overpowering or noticeable. If you can’t find it you could totally leave it out without an issue.
Next I used my trusty old cookie scoop and dropped the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. If you don’t own a cookie scoop, you should! One of my most loved kitchen tools ever!
Salted Caramel Mocha CookiesPrint Recipe
- 2 sticks 1 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coffee extract optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz caramel bits
- Kosher salt for tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- In mixer beat together softened butter and sugars until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and extracts until blended.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt until dough forms.
- Slowly mix in chocolate and caramel bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven sprinkle with kosher salt. Remove from pan and allow the cookies to cool.