Make a delicious pie with this Simple Graham Cracker Crust Recipe. So easy to make and tastes fantastic.
A delicious pie is a wonderful thing! I love a good graham cracker crust on certain pies and cheesecakes. A simple graham cracker crust recipe is a must have for any baker! This is an easy and delicious recipe that turns out perfectly every time!
How to Make
Simply pulse your graham crackers in a food processor until they are in a fine crumb. Put the crumbs in a bowl with the sugar and salt. Give it a quick stir.
In the microwave melt your butter. Once melted, stir it into the graham cracker mix.
Take your buttery graham cracker crumbs and press them into a pie pan or springform pan to form your crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
Some may want bake their crust. That is also an option. Bake at 325 degrees F for only 8 - 10 minutes. This eliminates the need to chill for 2 hours.
Making a Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust is simple. Just use Gluten Free Graham Crackers in place of regular. I highly recommend these homemade Gluten Free graham Crackers. They are the best!
Making the pie crust vegan or free of eggs and dairy is simple. Just replace the butter with a dairy free margarine. I have been using Country Crock Plant Baking Sticks lately with great results. Not sponsored, just love them!
- Prep ahead! This crust can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge or even in the freezer. Just thaw before filling.
- Don't have a food processor? Crush your graham crackers in a zip top bag with a rolling pin.
- Make sure you chill your crust before you fill it for the best result.
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 11-12 sheets crackers )
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until fine, add to medium bowl
- Add sugar and salt, stir to combine
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool
- Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined
- Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours **
More Simple Recipes
- Simple Herbed Beer Bread Recipe
- Simple Meatball Sliders Recipe - Great for Game Day
- Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.