Make a delicious pie with this Simple Graham Cracker Crust Recipe. So easy to make and tastes fantastic.
A delicious pie is a wonderful thing! I love a good graham cracker crust on certain pies and cheesecakes. A simple graham cracker crust recipe is a must have for any baker! This is an easy and delicious recipe that turns out perfectly every time!
How to Make
Simply pulse your graham crackers in a food processor until they are in a fine crumb. Put the crumbs in a bowl with the sugar and salt. Give it a quick stir.
In the microwave melt your butter. Once melted, stir it into the graham cracker mix.
Take your buttery graham cracker crumbs and press them into a pie pan or springform pan to form your crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
Some may want bake their crust. That is also an option. Bake at 325 degrees F for only 8 - 10 minutes. This eliminates the need to chill for 2 hours.
Making a Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust is simple. Just use Gluten Free Graham Crackers in place of regular. I highly recommend these homemade Gluten Free graham Crackers. They are the best!
Making the pie crust vegan or free of eggs and dairy is simple. Just replace the butter with a dairy free margarine. I have been using Country Crock Plant Baking Sticks lately with great results. Not sponsored, just love them!
- Prep ahead! This crust can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge or even in the freezer. Just thaw before filling.
- Don't have a food processor? Crush your graham crackers in a zip top bag with a rolling pin.
- Make sure you chill your crust before you fill it for the best result.
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- pie pan
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 11-12 sheets crackers
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt omit if using salted butter
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until fine, add to medium bowl
- Add sugar and salt, stir to combine
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool
- Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined
- Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours **