So in case you can’t tell my cookie theme this year is all about holiday traditions. I have been thinking about foods we typically associate with Christmas and then making a cookie. These Eggnog Cookies were just too unique in my book to pass up! I am not a big fan of Egg Nog but these cookies are superb!
Don’t miss all the other great cookie recipes!
And don’t forget to enter this years A Few Short Cuts Cookie Swap! I would love to see your favorite cookie recipe
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
- If desired- you can frost with just regular butter cream frosting (Make it fancy by mixing in 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.