This post may contain affiliate links.
Have some bananas that are going south fast? Turn them into something fabulous! Try this Blueberry Banana Muffins Recipe! Plus you can make them gluten free & dairy free
This was one of the first things I ever posted on A Few Short Cuts over five years ago. Seems crazy that it has been that long ago. I guess time flies when you are having fun. The one thing that hasn’t changed is how delicious these Blueberry Banana Muffins are!
If we have bananas turning brown, you can bet that these muffins or these Peanut Butter banana Breakfast Cookies will be hitting the oven soon. These make a delicious surprise for breakfast or snack time. I have also been known to make two batches and put some in the freezer for a rainy day.
- ½ cup Butter (or dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or gluten free substitute)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and the bananas.
- Beat until mixed well.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand.
- Fill a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten free Bisquick
- Use a dairy free margarine.