It’s hot! So hot that I have no desire to turn on my oven. Don’t tell my sweet tooth, because about 7 PM it is still looking for dessert. I have been looking for creative lower calorie ideas to keep my sweet tooth happy, and this icebox cake is so good. I seriously just told my hubby we should have one in the house all of the time.
I through this cake together this morning in less than 10 minutes, popped it in the fridge and let it get happy! Go get the ingredients and let this Ice Box Cake get happy in your fridge. you know you want to!
- 1 Box Graham Crackers
- 1 12 oz tub of cool whip
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping”
- In an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish spread a thin layer of cool whip. Then place a single layer of graham cracker squares on top. Then cover them with another layer of cool whip, then place some strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Continue to layer graham crackers cool whip and fruit until you have 3 or 4 layers.
- Arrange the fruit on the top layer nicely and then drizzle with the melted chocolate chips, or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping”
- Cover and refrigerate atleast 2 hours before serving
Gather your ingredients.
Place a thin layer of cool whip in the bottom of an 8×8 pan, and then place a single layer of graham crackers on top.
Then top with another layer of cool whip and fruit. Repeat 3-4 times.
Arrange the fruit nicely on the final layer and top with melted chocolate chips or Chocolate Magic Shell. Refrigerate atleast 2 hours before serving.