A flavorful chicken recipe that is great for game day! These Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are a healthy twist on a classic with a zesty kick of that lemon peppery taste!
Everyone loves chicken wings, and no one likes to make them. Why is that? Chicken wings are easy and delicious to make. You don't have to fry them. You can bake or air fry them, like these delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings. They only need a few ingredients but they pack a flavor punch that can't be beat!
Low Carb/ Keto Friendly
This simple chicken wing recipe stands out to me because it is very low carb and keto friendly. With so many people embracing the low carb lifestyle, this recipe is a must! I love having options that are so full of flavor to over guests or family that may be on a restricted diet.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings
I told you this recipe was easy peasy lemon squeeze. Literally! Take your chicken wings and place them in a gallon bag with lemon juice overnight. Don't have a lot of time. Let you wings sit for as long as you can in the lemon juice; even just a couple hours makes a difference.
When ready to continue, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F, and pat your chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Place the wings on a foil lined baking sheet and brush them with olive oil and then sprinkle them with the lemon pepper seasoning mix (in the recipe card below).
Cook your Lemon Pepper Chicken wings for about 35 - 40 minutes turning once halfway through.
Air Fryer or Grill
Before you ask, you can totally make these lemon pepper chicken wings in the air fryer and they are just as amazing! You can throw them on the grill too! The air fryer directions can be found in the recipe card below. They will turn out incredibly crispy and fall of the bone delish.
If you are grilling do so over a medium heat for about 10-15 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Serving these chicken wings is no problem. They will fly off of the plate, if you want to turn them into a meal they are so good with a simple side salad or some roasted broccoli.
If you are serving these yummy wings for a party or game day you can make a simple dipping sauce for them by mixing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The creaminess of the sour cream really adds contrast to the zestiness of the lemons. It's delicious!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 3 lemons finely zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt optional (only needed if NOT marinating the wings)
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken wing sections
- Place chicken wings in a freezer bag and add the lemon juice. Seal tightly and place in a large bowl (to protect from leaks.) Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag when you think about it.
- To prepare the seasoning, combine the lemon zest, salt (if needed), black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside if using soon or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat the chicken dry using paper towels.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and rub with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup) with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken wings on the baking sheet leaving space between for air circulation. Alternatively, place the wings on a wire rack that fits inside the baking sheet.
- Cook the chicken wings for 35 - 40 minutes turning once.
- Bake at 380 for 10 minutes. Turn the wings over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until crispy and browned or to desired doneness.