At one time or another, every mom has struggled with finding an exciting healthy snack for their kids. Since school is back in session the kids come home ready to eat. These Owl Rice Cake Snacks are incredibly simple to make and the kids will squeal with delight! Not only are they fun, but they taste amazing too!
I try to keep as many healthy snack options as I can in the house. Save-A-Lot helps me do that and stay on my budget. Save-A-Lot has all of the essentials I need to pack lunch boxes, and feed my kids every day at low prices. Did you know that Save-A-Lot offers prices up to 40% lower than conventional grocery stores? They have great food, at great prices, with great people. You should check them out! Go now to find the closest Save-A-Lot store near you.
The first steps to these Owl Rice Cake Snacks. Of course, spread peanut butter on top of the rice cake. Then top with 2 slices of banana for the eyes. Top the banana with blueberries.
Next cut a small piece of cantaloupe into a triangle and place it for the beak. Add two apple slices for the wings, and finally add a few Cheerios for the body.
The cuteness can not be contained!!! These are great for an picky eater, or even the non-picky. You can even set up the ingredients for the kids and let them get creative and make their own Owls. A fun afternoon project and snack!
Owl Rice Cake Snacks
- plain rice cakes
- 2 Tbsps peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cheerios
- Small piece of cantaloupe
- Spread peanut butter on each rice cake. Top rice cake with 2 banana slices for eyes, and top each banana slice with 1 blueberry.
- Next add a small piece of cantaloupe cut into the shape of a triangle for the beak. Then, two apple slices for the wings.
- Finally add cheerios for the body.
Get as creative as you want with these. Feel free to switch out ingredients for different fruits.
From now until September 7th you can enter Save-A-Lots #PackNSnap Sweepstakes for your chance to win the grand price of a $100 Save-A-Lot gift card and an Ipad Mini 2!!
- Step 1: SNAP IT: Take a photo of your back-to-school lunch, breakfast, or on-the-go snack.
- Step 2: SHARE IT: Upload your photo on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Step 3: TAG IT: Make sure to include #PackNSnap to qualify
Save-A-Lot is also giving 2 lucky A Few Short Cuts readers a $25 Save-A-Lot Gift Card. Leave a comment below telling me your favorite thing to pack for your kids to eat when they head back to school!
Winner will be chosen on August 25th at 11:59 pm est.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.