Such a fun way to celebrate Summer with the kids. Make a batch of cupcakes and turn them into these fun Beach Bum Cupcakes. So easy and the whole family will love it!
The last day of school is this week and our plan for the summer....to be Beach Bums! Even if you can't be a beach bum you can pretend. Either way you can celebrate by making these adorable Beach Bum Cupcakes.
When you assemble your own fun treats you can get as creative as you want! Let the kids help, make different scenes, etc. By some gummy sharks or octopus and make this even more exciting.
Gluten Free Beach Bum Cupcakes
You can also make these Beach Bum Cupcakes Gluten Free! Just use a gluten free cake mix like this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix. You can also use a boxed mix, or a scratch recipe if you prefer. Then get creative with your substitutions. Many companies are now offering gluten free animal crackers. It may take a little more creative shopping but it can be done!
Beach Bum Cupcake Decorations
To decorate these cupcake you will need ...
You can also use
Beach Bum Cupcake Frosting
In the recipe card below you will find a recipe for Blue Raspberry frosting. You can also just use a store bought frosting if you prefer or are looking for ease. If you can't find blue frosting, purchase a can of white and mix in some blue food coloring until you get the right color.
If you just aren't into raspberry flavored frosting try the best buttercream frosting.
Beach Bum Cupcakes
- 1 cake mix any flavor, baked as cupcakes according to package
Blue Raspberry Frosting
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Extract
- 10-15 drops blue food coloring
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- fruit roll ups
- teddy grahams
- paper umbrellas
- Assemble and bake cupcakes according to package. Yellow cake is great for the sandy color.
- Whie the cupcakes are baking, In a large bowl, beat butter and gradually add confectioners sugar until combined.
- Add in milk, raspberry extract and food coloring and mix until the color is uniform.
- Frost cake as desired
Dairy Free Frosting
- Replace the butter with a diary free margarine, and the milk with a dairy free milk alternative: almond, coconut, etc.
- Once the cupcakes are cool frost with the blue frosting.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar to resemble sand.
- Cut a small strip of fruit roll up about 1/2 inch by 1 inch for a small beach mat for a teddy graham.
- Place the "beach mat" and teddy grahams on the cupcake as desired and top with a paper umbrella.
More Cute Cupcake Ideas