A delicious appetizer for parties, game day and more that is not only tasty but Keto friendly! Try this easy Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe!
File this under DELICIOUS appetizers that everyone will want the recipe for. Every time I make these I am bombarded with recipe requests. These delicious Cream Cheese Sausage Balls, are simple but incredible. They pack a big flavor punch in a little bite! So much so, you may want to think about doubling the recipe because they will disappear fast!
Keto Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Low carb and keto are huge right now, and it works so great for so many! I love to have keto appetizer options available and this recipe is perfect for that! These Cream Cheese Sausage Balls have all the makings of a keto friendly recipe. I have substituted in almond and coconut flour which not only makes these low carb, but delicious too!
How to Make Sausage Balls
Gather your ingredients, you will find them in the recipe card below.
In a stand mixer or by hand, combine the sausage and cream cheese. Then add the eggs and cheese. Beat until well combined. Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the sausage mixture and beat until blended.
Here is the important part, cover and chill your dough for at least an hour. It does make a difference. This is even something you could do the night before and have them ready to go the day of your party or get together. (Also, there are tips below for freezing these cream cheese sausage balls which really helps cut down on prep time.)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and scoop the meat into 1 to 2 tablespoon portions and roll into balls. Space the sausage balls about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. A cookie scoop works PERFECTLY for this!
Bake them for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from tray and enjoy!
Can I Freeze Sausage Balls
Yes, you can totally make these Cream Cheese Sausage Balls ahead of time and freeze them. It makes this appetizer even faster! There are two ways to do this.
- The first way is to form your raw meatballs and place them on a sheet pan. Flash freeze them for about 30 minutes. Then, place them in a ziplock bag until ready to use. Remove them from the freezer and bake following the recipe below adding about 5-10 minutes because they are frozen.
- The second way is to bake them first, but for a little less time. Since the recipe calls for 25-30 minutes bake them for only 15- 20 minutes. Allow the sausage balls to cool completely and then freeze.
When you remove them from the freezer and bake them, your bake time will be much less because they are practically cooked through. You are just heating them and cooking them for the additional 10 minutes or so. If you decide to go with this method, you will need to put them in the oven for about 15 minutes the second time around. That is it.
HOW TO SERVE CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS
Pop these on a tray and serve them with some cute toothpicks or snack picks. They are delicious on their own, but if you are craving a dipping sauce a sweet BBQ is usually a big hit.
Can I Make this recipe with regular flour?
Yes, you can! When you adjust this recipe to make this with regular flour these will not longer be low carb or KETO friendly. If that doesn’t bother you switch out the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder for 1 3/4 cup Bisquick or similar baking mix.
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe
- 1 pound roll sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese (, softened)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded )
- In a stand mixer or by hand, combine the sausage and cream cheese. Then add the eggs and cheese. Beat until well combined.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the sausage mixture and beat until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop dough into 1 to 2 tablespoon portions and roll into balls. Space the sausage balls about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Allow sausage balls to rest on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before removing to drain on paper towels.
Other Keto Friendly Appetizers
- Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- Simple Bell Pepper Meatball Subs
- Pepperoni Pizza Poppers Recipe- Low Carb Appetizer
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.