I don’t know about you but I am about ready for Spring. Punxatawny Phil announced that spring would come early about 20 days ago, and I am afraid I am going to have to call him a liar! The 5 inches of fresh snow in my backyard beg to differ with him. So I am forcing spring in my own way in the kitchen. We wanted a fresh and lively dessert this week. This Lemon Cherry Swirl Cake did the trick. It is so easy, and made with ingredients you should have in your pantry.
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix (prepared according to package)
- 1 Can Cherry Pie filling
- Vanilla Frosting (homemade or canned)
- Maraschino cherries and lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package.
- Place the cake batter in a 9 x13 greased & floured pan.
- Spoon the Cherry Pie filling over the batter into rows.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cake batter in the opposite direction of the rows.
- Bake the cake according to the package. Typically 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Ice with frosting and top with cherries & lemon wedge as garnish before serving.
Preheat the oven and prepare the cake batter. Spoon the cherry pie filling in rows over the cake batter. Like pictured above.
Using a butter knife, pull it back and forth through the cake in the opposite direction of the rows for the swirled effect. Bake according to the package…about 35-40 minutes.
Cake will look like this when it is done baking….now comes the hard part, waiting for it to cool.
When it is cool, ice, decorate with a cherry an lemon wedge and serve! Heaven!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.