I don’t know about you but I am about ready for Spring. Punxatawny Phil announced that spring would come early about 20 days ago, and I am afraid I am going to have to call him a liar! The 5 inches of fresh snow in my backyard beg to differ with him. So I am forcing spring in my own way in the kitchen. We wanted a fresh and lively dessert this week. This Lemon Cherry Swirl Cake did the trick. It is so easy, and made with ingredients you should have in your pantry.
Lemon Cherry Swirl CakePrint Recipe
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix prepared according to package
- 1 Can Cherry Pie filling
- Vanilla Frosting homemade or canned
- Maraschino cherries and lemon wedges to garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package.
- Place the cake batter in a 9 x13 greased & floured pan.
- Spoon the Cherry Pie filling over the batter into rows.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cake batter in the opposite direction of the rows.
- Bake the cake according to the package. Typically 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Ice with frosting and top with cherries & lemon wedge as garnish before serving.
Preheat the oven and prepare the cake batter. Spoon the cherry pie filling in rows over the cake batter. Like pictured above.
Using a butter knife, pull it back and forth through the cake in the opposite direction of the rows for the swirled effect. Bake according to the package…about 35-40 minutes.
Cake will look like this when it is done baking….now comes the hard part, waiting for it to cool.
When it is cool, ice, decorate with a cherry an lemon wedge and serve! Heaven!