Only a few ingredients and 10 minutes to make this Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe that is perfect on any cake, cupcakes and more!
Looking for s simple and easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe that will go perfect with any cake? This is it! This recipe only has 4 ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes with a stand mixer or hand mixer. A batch of this frosting will be enough to top about 24 cupcakes or a delicious 3 layer cake with no problem.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
Making frosting is easy and it is best if you use a stand or hand mixer for the job. In a medium – large bowl beat together your softened cream cheese and butter.
Add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla and beat your frosting for 3 -4 minutes on medium to medium high speed to create a light fluffy whipped finish.
Use on cake, cupcakes, or whatever delicious treat you need cream cheese frosting for.
Making a vegan cream cheese frosting may seem like an impossible task, but it isn’t. You can make a couple key substitutions and still have an amazing frosting for your cake. Just use Vegan Cream Cheese and a Vegan Butter substitute in place of the regular ingredients in this recipe.
I really don’t think there is a cake that doesn’t taste good with this tasty frosting. It is delicious! Some of my favorites are..
Anytime you make frosting it is best to store any unused frosting in an airtight container in the fridge. Since this frosting is made with cream cheese I highly recommend storing it and any goodies that you frost with it in the fridge until they can be enjoyed.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese and softened butte. Beat until smooth with your mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing in between each addition beating until smooth.
- Add in vanilla while mixing. Beat frosting for atleast 3-4 minutes for a fluffy whipped frosting.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in a covered container
- Use a vegan cream cheese and vegan butter substitute for a delicous vegan cream cheese frosting.