This post may contain affiliate links.
Many of you saw on facebook that one of my new neighbors brought us a plate of Orange Carrot Cookies with a handwritten recipe, and asked for the recipe. Here it is! 🙂
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrots - 4 medium
- 1 tsp vanilla.Frosting
- 1/4 lb powdered sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the carrot mixture until dough is formed.
- Add teaspoon of vanilla.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.Frosting
- Moisten 1/4 pound powdered sugar with the grated rind of 1 orange and enough juice to achieve the consistency of heavy cream.
These are really good! Enjoy!