Breakfast is that awkward meal at my house that everyone is kinda hungry, but no one wants to cook. Anything I can do to prep ahead for a healthy breakfast is always helpful. I like to make extra batches of pancakes, and muffins on the weekend and pop them in the freezer. My kids also love these Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies. Then, there are these....the holy grail of breakfast foods to be found in my freezer. The Pancake Sausage Bites. The perfect mix of sweet and savory in a convenient little package that can be microwaved for early morning sustenance!
You guys know I don't feel like messing around in the kitchen more than I have to, or making a huge mess. These are so easy, you will wonder why you haven't made them sooner. I make a few batches and pop them in freezer bags. The kids reheat them in the mornings in the microwave and it buys me 5 more minutes of sleep. 😉 By the way, the bites pictured above are gluten free and dairy free. I love that I can make them that way so everyone in my house can enjoy them.
If you don't have pancake mix on hand, make your own with this great Pancake Mix Recipe
Pancake Sausage Bites
- 2 cups Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 12 oz Breakfast Sausage cooked
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- Mix pancake mix, egg and milk in a large bowl with a whisk. Until mixed well.
- Pour batter about 1/2 full into each muffin hole. Slice the each sausage link into halves or thirds and place the equivilant of 1 sausage in each hole.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.