Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Mother’s Day is this weekend, and my kids have already started asking me what I want. I love putting my feet up in the morning and enjoying my cup of coffee and a nice piece of coffee cake on the front porch. There is a nest of baby birds in the palm tree in the front yard. It is so sweet to watch the Mother and Father bird come back and forth to feed them. Needless to say, between the kids and the dogs, my quiet moments on the front porch are few and far between.
I thought I would give the family a push in the right direction. I whipped up this Sour Cream Coffee Cake this evening. It is so easy you won’t believe it, and it tastes unforgettable! It is so moist and flavorful. The smell of cinnamon is intoxicating. If you are looking to surprise someone with a special treat this is it. You may also want to print out the recipe and leave it on the kitchen counter with the ingredients. Hint. Hint.
Sour Cream Coffee CakePrint Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix or homemade yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanillaTopping/filling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix together, cake mix, eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla. Use a stand or hand mixer on high until thoroughly blended.
- In a small bowl mix together the topping/filling.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- Spoon half of the cake mix into the cake pan.Smooth out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the cake with 1/2 of the topping mixture.
- Spoon the other half of the cake mix in the cake pan and finish by sprinkling the last half of the topping mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This looks great! I was wondering, for the box cake mix, is this a larger box like Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines and Pillsbury or a smaller box like Jiffy? A 9 inch pan seems kind of small for the bigger box of mix. Thanks!
Love this! I do the exact same thing – give my kids and husband a big push in the right direction by simply leaving out my desired Mother’s Day brunch menu 🙂 As long as I make sure we have all necessary groceries, I’m hoping they deliver this Sunday!
So did your family make you the coffee cake for mother’s day? I want to make this now, it looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
Oh wow this sounds really good! I am going to have to try it. I came over from My Girlish Whims link party. I hope you will check my blog out lovepastatoolbelt.com
This looks delicious! I am coming over to visit from Miz Helen’s. Feel free to come and link it up with my “Try a New Recipe Tuesday.” I’d love to have you join us. 🙂 http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-14.html
That looks delicious…and so easy too!
That looks really good!
This looks so good, thanks for sharing.
This looks so moist and delicious! Coffee Cake is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks so delicious, can’t wait to make it for my family.