Minecraft Crispy Treats Recipe – Perfect for Parties
Need a quick and easy snack for a Minecraft themed party? Check out this yummy and simple Minecraft Crispy Treats Recipe!
Minecraft is pretty much all over everything my 9 and 12-year-olds do. They love to play the game and create new worlds. I am over here just pretending to know what the heck a dirt block is. My son had a Birthday Party not that long ago, and these Minecraft Crispy Treats were a HUGE hit!
How to Make Minecraft Crispy Treats
You know I am all about shortcuts, so these were insanely easy to make too! I made a batch of crispy treats using cocoa pebbles cereal for the “dirt.”
The grass on top is just my favorite buttercream frosting with some green food coloring. I bought this fancy grass icing tip from Amazon. It is perfect for making grass, monster hair, and all kinds of other fun things with frosting.
Just use the tip attached to a piping bag to squeeze the green grass right on top of my dirt blocks.
Minecraft Party Ideas
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited the kids were when they saw the finished product! I was excited too because these were super easy to make. The bonus to everything in Minecraft being shaped like a square is that it is pretty easy to recreate for parties!
Some other great ideas for an affordable Minecraft Party.
- Grab Green and Black paper plates and party decor from the Dollar Tree.
- Cut out squares of construction paper and create “real life” Minecraft challenges.
- Make your own Minecraft Healing Potion with this fun printable.
Don’t think that these Treats are only for Minecraft fans! You can make them Spring Crispy Treats and add some cute flower sprinkles to the top of the grass OR a gummy worm. Oh my goodness, how cute would that be?! The possibilities are endless. Just get creative with the kids and have fun!
Minecraft Crispy Treats
- 6 Cups Cocoa Pebbles or similar cereal
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 10 oz marshmallows
- Buttercream Icing
- Green food coloring
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch baking pan or line it with waxed paper, your choice.
- Measure out the 6 cups of cereal and place in large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereal, stirring until mixture is evenly coated.
- Press mixture into buttered baking pan. Allow to cool, then cut into 18 squares, 3 rows times 6.
- Color the buttercream frosting with the green food coloring and place it in a piping bag with the grass tip attached.
- Squeeze gently pulling up to create the icing grass. Cover the top of the treats with green grass frosting.
- Use Gluten Free Cocoa Pebbles
- Use a dairy free margarine and dairy-free buttercream frosting
These are so easy to make and perfect for a birthday party!