A classic for the holidays! This Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe has adjustments to make it dairy free so everyone can enjoy it!
This recipe is a must have when it comes to holiday cooking! Everyone loves a good sweet potato casserole recipe! I have seen some people who love sweet potatoes with marshmallows and others who think the more pecan topping the better (that’s me!). This Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe is our favorite!
Every holiday the kids are more worried about the sweet potato casserole than the main dish. I love it because it is super flexible and it can be made dairy free and gluten free. ENJOY!
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 Medium medium sized sweet potatoes or 3 large
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 TBSP all purpose flour (You can use a GF Flour)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- Cook Sweet potatoes in boiling water for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. I wrap mine in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 400 until cooked through....you'll know when they are ready! Let them cool to touch. Peel and mash.
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and 1/2 cup butter (softened) . Beat at medium speed in your mixer until smooth. Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and 2 TBSP butter; sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings.Dairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine and dairy free milkGluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour for the topping.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.