Oh yes! I did it! It is cold and snowy here and the perfect kind of stay at home day to bake. So bake we did. We made these delicious Oatmeal Cream Pies because we could. And they are decadent, and gooey, and I am sure very fattening. ~giggle~ But they put Little Debbie to shame.
Plus, last time I check Little Debbie didn’t make a gluten free dairy free Oatmeal Cream Pie, but this mama did! 🙂 As an added bonus they tasted awesome too! My son even looked at me and said, “Can I eat this? Are these gluten free?” YEP! Every last gooey chewy tasty morsel!
While you can go to the grocery store and grab a box of these, you want to make a mess in your kitchen and try these atleast once in your life. You won’t regret it! PROMISE!
- 1 Cup Butter or Margarine
- ¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1¾ Cups All purpose flour
- 14 oz Marshmallow Cream
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat together butter or margarine & sugars until creamy
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Now add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough forms.
- Stir in the oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart (these will spread)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until their edges are lightly browned. Let stand on baking sheet until set and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling on underside of one cookie and top with another.
- Use gluten free baking mix and gluten free oats. Allow them to cool on the pan completely before removing
- Use a dairy free margarine for the cookies.