Only 3 ingredients to make this INCREDIBLE Five Minute Fudge Recipe! So chocolately and decadent it is a holiday must!
I am getting back to my roots. This recipe was an original here on A Few Shortcuts. In fact, I have been making this fudge for as long as I can remember. It is a must during the holidays to give as gifts, especially to put a few pieces on a cookie tray. Plus, it does not get much easier than this Five Minute Fudge! That is literally all it takes to make it!
How to Make Five Minute Fudge
To make this simple fudge you only need
Now, I am a HUGE fan of mixing 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1 cup of peanut butter chips for this fudge (in fact, it is the only way I make it).
In a sauce pan over medium heat melt the milk and chocolate chips together stirring the entire time to prevent burning.
Once melted, mix in the vanilla extract. The melting only takes a few minutes so have an 8×8 pan prepared and waiting.
Pour the melted chocolate mix into a 8×8 square pan that has been lined with parchment paper. I pop it in the fridge overnight, but this will set up on a cool countertop too. It just takes a little longer.
Cut your fudge into squares and sprinkle with a little bit of powdered sugar if you like. SO DELICIOUS!
Five Minute Fudge Variations
This Five Minute Fudge is so fast to make, and AMAZING the way it is but you can mix this recipe up a little bit. Use different types of chocolate chips to make your own unique flavors. Just make sure you are using 3 cups of chips.
Dairy Free Fudge
You can also make this recipe dairy free. They now make Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk, and there are some great dairy free chocolate chip brands out there. What an amazing gift for someone with a food allergy or vegan in your life.
Fudge Making Tips
Here are a few fudge making tips so you end up with the best fudge!
- Line your pan with parchment paper before you even get started.
- Don’t leave your saucepan once it is on the stove. This can burn quickly.
- Allow this to cool overnight in the fridge before slicing. This will give you very clean cuts and beautiful squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Five Minute Fudge
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (One Can)
- 3 cups chocolate chips (I used 2 cups chocolate chips 1 cup peanut butter chips)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8x8 Pan
- Line your pan with parchment paper
- In a saucepan melt together sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips over medium heat. Stirring constantly. Do not leave this unsurpervised.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow to cool on counter or in fridge until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy
- Store in airtight container.
- Use dairy free chocolate chips and dairy free sweetened condensed milk.
Mix insChange up the chocolate chip flavors, or mix in nuts, candies and more to make your own unique 5 minute fudge
Originally posted December 2009. Updated December 2019
More Easy Holiday Recipes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.