This post may contain affiliate links.
Fall breakfast will not be complete without some of these delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins on the table! Easy to make and gluten-free options.
Pumpkin is coming! All things cinnamon, and pumpkin, along with hay rides, apple picking, and spooky ghost stories! The changing of seasons is always an exciting time. This one especially, because pumpkin is simply delicious. Pumpkin muffins are a breakfast staple during the fall but these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins kick it up to a new level of awesomeness!
The pumpkin muffin recipe for these is moist and super easy to make. I love it because you can substitute a gluten free flour mix and no-one would ever know the difference. The muffins are just as good either way.
The secret to these is in the cream cheese mix that you swirl into the top of the muffin. Think cheesecake but better.
Spoon that delicious cream cheese mixture onto the top of the muffins and use a toothpick to swirl it in. It is that easy. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 Minutes.
Dairy Free Tip
I found this dairy free cream cheese at Publix. IT IS THE BEST! It works perfectly as a replacement in these muffins if you want to make them dairy free!
Look how yummy they are! On a scale of 1 to 10 these are an 11. This recipe made 18 Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins and all 18 disappeared crazy fast.
Oh, and if you bake. These cupcake liners from Sweets & Treats Boutique are the best! They are greaseproof meaning when you bake in them the color and pattern don’t fade. The cupcake liners stay just as pretty as when you started. They have so many colors and patterns to choose from you can’t go wrong.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extractCream Cheese Mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and place cupcake liners in your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add in the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill your muffin tins 1/2 - 2/3 of the way full of the pumpkin muffin mix. Top with a tablespoon of cream cheese mix and use a toothpick to swirl.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge to store.
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I recommend a gluten free baking mix like Aldi's Baking Mix or make your own by using 1 part rice flour to 3 parts tapioca flour.
- Use a dairy free cream cheese substitute.
So if you are ready for all the fall feels, pull out your muffin tin and bake a batch of these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins. They will do the trick!