I am all for convenience. I have a ton of stuff to squeeze in a day, and waiting on my kids every craving isn’t exactly my idea of fun. As they get older I see why people say they are eating them out of house and home. I am still trying to figure out where they put it all.
Unfortunately I can not buy those pre-packaged instant oatmeal packets. They contain both Gluten and Dairy which are no-no’s in my kitchen. My kids love oatmeal for breakfast. So, we have found a way to make our own oatmeal packets, and still keep them fun and tasty. Without all those added chemicals and ingredients of store bought packets.
This is so easy, that the kids can do it. They love personalizing their own oatmeal packs. Great idea for a lazy Summer Afternoon, and then breakfast is ready for weeks to come!
- 3 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- In a food processor pulse 1 cup of oats until coarse powder.
- Mix powder oats with whole oats and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in your flavor options…listed below.
- Place ⅓ Cup Oatmeal Mix in each ziploc bag or single serve container.
- To serve: Empty packet into a bowl. Add ¾ cup boiling water or hot milk. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes.
- For thicker oatmeal, use less liquid – for thinner oatmeal, use more liquid.