So this weekend has been a bust…quite literally. My husband, bless his heart, fell getting out of the shower yesterday and broke 3 ribs. I know that the ER is not how he intended to spend his Friday night. He has been resting today while I catch up on some housework.
Then, I was cooking dinner, and did not here my 3 year old. For those of you that have or have had a 3 year old in the past. You know that quiet is not necessarily good. So I went looking for her and this is what I found.
It is never ever a good sign when she puts herself to sleep. Sure enough, she has a 103 fever. So, I need a little something to save my sanity. Between taking care of my hubby and my 3 year old I have a feeling this is going to be a long night! LOL
When I get stressed chocolate is my friend. I know it isn’t good for me…or my waistline, but it is oh so good! I just found this recipe for Flourless Fudge Chunk Cookies the other day and knew this was the time to try them. They are gluten free and dairy free which makes them a perfect fit for my kids. They took me less than 5 minutes to whip up, and when you bite into them….oh! It is like your mouth is taking a mini chocolate vacation! I forgot all about my hubby, and my fevered 3 year old. It was all about the chocolate for that 30 seconds! A little escape!
So, if you need a little escape, I highly recommend these Fudgy pieces of heaven. They are amazing!
- ⅔ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 egg whites
- 1½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Set aside two baking sheets with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg whites starting with just two.
- Beat just until the batter is moistened. You’re looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white– then a 4th one if it still seems too thick. (I added all 4 to mine)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Yield: 30 cookies