These are one of my favorite gluten free cookies of ALL TIME! The are simple to make, have only a few ingredients, and are lower in calories than you would ever imagine. They are practically the most perfect cookie ever!
I get asked alot for the recipe for the glaze that is on the cookie. There is none. When these bake up they naturally form that glazey look on top. These are very light and chewy.
The perfect way to end the day.
Or start it.
Or enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Or….you get the idea.
- ⅔ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 egg whites
- 1½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Set aside two baking sheets with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg whites starting with just two.
- Beat just until the batter is moistened. You’re looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white– then a 4th one if it still seems too thick. (I added all 4 to mine)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Yield: 30 cookies