The last day of school is this week and our plan for the summer….to be Beach Bums! So, to celebrate we are having these adorable and fun to make Beach Bum Cupcakes!
Beach Bum Cupcakes
I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes with this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix. You can use a boxed mix, or a scratch recipe if you prefer.
Then I made this homemade Raspberry icing. YUM!
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 16 oz Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Extract
- 10-15 drops blue food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat butter and gradually add confectioners sugar until combined.
- Add in milk, raspberry extract and food coloring and mix until the color is uniform.
- Frost cake as desired
- Replace the butter with a diary free margarine, and the milk with a dairy free milk alternative: almond, coconut, etc.
You will need
- Teddy Graham Cookies
- Fruit by the Foot
- Brown Sugar
- Drink Umbrellas
Frost cupcakes and coat ½ of each cupcake in brown sugar to create sand. This is already cute for any type of beach themed cupcake!
Decorate with Teddy Grahams and Fruit by the Foot and add a drink umbrella. You can get as creative as you want on these. Or, just turn the kid loose with the supplies and let them create their own beach scene!