Snag this fantastic, simple Olive Salad Recipe that is perfect for Muffuletta Sandwiches or your Charcuterie board!
Sometimes you are just craving a piece of warm crusty bread or a delicious sandwich. The full flavors of this Simple Olive Salad recipe compliment both beautifully. In under 5 minutes, you can have a show-stopping centerpiece for your dinner table.
What is Olive Salad
This tasty salad is made from green olives, black olives, olive oil, peppers, onions, capers, vinegar, herbs, and spices. It is used to make the muffuletta sandwich in and around New Orleans. It is also used in Mediterranean cuisine.
What to serve with Olive Salad
Many people like to put it on a Charcuterie board with cheese and crackers. While others only enjoy theirs on a Muffuletta Sandwich. (see below)
Are Olives Low Carb?
I found this interesting because so many are eating low carb these days. Olives are technically a fruit; however they contain minimal carbs. This doesn't change between olive varieties either. Plus, the fiber in olives negates most of the carbs that are in them. This means if you are on a low carb diet, you can still enjoy your olives!
Olive Salad for Muffuletta Sandwiches
If you have ever been to New Orleans or know someone from their chances are you have had a Muffuletta Sandwich. You also know you can't have a Muffuletta without this Salad. This Recipe is perfect to use on your Homemade Muffuletta Sandwiches. You can get a delicious Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe right here.
- 1 cup kalamata olives or black; pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green olives pitted, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
- Use as a sandwich condiment, over cooked chicken, in salads, or with cream cheese on toast.
More Condiment Recipes