What a super breakfast or grab and go snack for anyone who wants something healthy, filling, and full of protein! My kids love peanut butter and they are constantly asking for it! I love making this Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal for them because I know what they are snacking on and it is so good!
Just whip up the ingredients in a large bowl, dump in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. This is so super simple! My oldest daughter even makes this one herself now. Serve it hot out of the oven, or allow it to cool and cut it into bars for a grab and go snack! This stuff is perfect and oh so tasty. You can even mix it up by adding some chocolate chips, raisins, etc. The kids can’t get enough of this stuff!
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats (or gluten free oats)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Peanut Butter or almond butter, etc.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 8x8 pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well.
- Spread evenly in to pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm out of the oven or allow it to completely cool and cut into bars for a grab and go snack.