I love a good fresh dessert recipe! There is something so satisfying about that sweet and salty combo especially when there is a burst of fruit flavor! This classic Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe doesn’t disappoint your taste buds.
This dessert recipe is very simple to make and great to take to any gathering! It can feed a crowd or just a few hungry teenagers. You can even make it gluten free by using gluten free pretzels for the crust instead of regular pretzels.
The only tip I have is to make sure you spread the cream center all the way tot the edges to seal the crust. This way it doesn’t get soggy from the strawberry topping. Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a colorful addition to a Fourth of July Picnic or Valentine’s party. It is a classic dessert year round.
Not a strawberry fan? Try making this dessert with another type of berry or fruit.
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 boxes (16 oz each) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries; refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate until cool and gelatin topping in a bowl is partially set.
- Carefully spoon gelatin topping over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- Use gluten free pretzels