One of my favorite flavors of all time: PUMPKIN! I don’t know that I have ever turned down a recipe with pumpkin in it. That is one of the most exciting things about fall to me. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
I have passed my love of pumpkin on to my children, even the picky one. They too love everything pumpkin, so I really don’t get too many strange looks when I crank the oven on September 1st and make these Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars. I have waited long enough people! ~giggle~
These are going to make the best breakfasts for before school, and I am going to pack them for snacks too. I love that they are super healthy and no one even notices because they are so delicious!
Gather all of the ingredients. I made them gluten free and dairy free, but you can make them regular too. They turn out great both ways.
Everyone in the bowl and mix well. Do you smell it? OMG. Pumpkin heaven.
Place in a foil lined 8×8 or 9×9 pan, and bake at 350 for 20 -25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- 1½ Cups Instant or Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup flour (or Gluten Free Flour Mix)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, egg, and milk until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 -25 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Use gluten free oats and gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Use a dairy free milk: Almond, Soy, Coconut etc.
Love Pumpkin, you can check out all of my Pumpkin Recipes